MAG's work embodies a set of core values. These values are important because they ensure that each member of our movement, from Trustees, frontline staff, facilitators and volunteers and our young people are required to maintain these fundamentals principles.
Walk into any one of MAG's programmes and you will see these core values being demonstrated every day. Every aspect of MAG's work, from the support we offer families, to the way we execute our vision is underpinned by these FIVE guiding core values:
1) Synergy We are outstanding team players, committed to ‘One Vision’ that we are all responsible for. Working in a team is essential, together we are one. The sum of the whole is greater than the parts.
2) Integrity (responsible for your word and truth) The process of being whole and complete in: principles actions, words, decisions, methods, outcomes and character. We bring the same with us wherever we are, regardless of the circumstance we don’t leave parts of ourselves behind. We don’t have a ‘work us,’ a ‘family us,’ and a ‘social us.’ We honour our word and stand by it every single day.
3) Transformation Change may not last forever as it keeps evolving or devolving, whereas transformation is a dimensional shift, and once we are transformed there is no question of going back.
4) Inspiration To move, touch and excite the mind, emotions or spirit to a high level of feeling conveyed through action. Move or stimulate the intellect or emotions to a degree that prompts action, invention and creation.
5) Introspection The act of self-reflecting, by way of looking inward, to identify challenges and create solutions. An examination of one's own thoughts, emotions and feelings by observing one's own inner state is the principle we live by (Anything I see wrong with you, I will go and fix it myself until the world becomes beautiful).
These core values articulate and define “who we are” as an organisation. Together, these values underpin MAG's culture. They are our belief system and define our ‘way of being.